Corinthian Yacht Club of Tacoma
Spring Single / Double Handed Race
April 23, 2016
- The races will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS 2013-2016)
- A skippers meeting will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2016 at the CYCT Clubhouse located at Tyee Marina II at 9:30AM
- To be eligible to race, yachts must meet or exceed SER “Nearshore +” safety requirements. Furthermore, all participants must wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) when on deck at all times
- Individual Recall
- 5.1 PHRF Classes: The Race Committee may attempt to hail by name(s) and or sail number(s) of those PHRF Class Boats recalled. Failure to do so, the timing of the hails, the order of the hails, the failure to hear the hails, or any other issue associated with the hails, will not constitute grounds for redress. This changes RRS 62.1(a)
- Windseekers Classes: If a yacht is found to be On Course Side (OCS – “Over Early”), that yacht or yachts will be considered racing and (2) two points will be added to their finishing place in that race. This changes RRS 29.1. In addition, there will be no grounds for redress in these instances, which changes RRS 62.1(a).
- SCHEDULE OF THE RACES AND CLASS FLAGS
- First Warning for PHRF Class Yachts shall be 1055 for all Harbor Series races
- First Warning for Windseekers class yachts shall be 1100 for all Harbor Series races
- Class Flag for PHRF Classes shall be #1 Pennant
- Class Flag for Windseekers shall be Windseeker Burgee
- Start Line: Start line shall be between a temporary orange mark and the orange flag displayed on the Race Committee Boat anchored in the vicinity of the Browns Point Lighthouse
- The course will be sailed in Commencement bay with a combination of existing buoys and temporary set marks. The course for the day will be announced at the Skippers Meeting to match the current sailing conditions to an appropriate course. The Race Committee will also announce the course 15 minutes prior to the warning signal.
- The course may be shortened at any mark of the course at the discretion of the Race Committee by flying the Code Flag “S”.
- The finish line shall be located at the entrance to the Thea Foss Waterway between the Orange Flag displayed by the Race Committee located at the Seaport Marina Public Dock, along the west side of the waterway, and the Dolphin located along the east side of the waterway entrance.
- At the discretion of the Race Committee, the RC Boat may motor back through the fleet and finish Windseeker class boats as they stand on the course.
- TIME LIMITS
- For the Single Double Hand Race, the time limit shall be (3) hours after the start time for each class
- For this race, scoring for PHRF Classes shall be done on a TIME – ON – TIME formula.
- For this race, scoring for Windseekers shall be scored as they stand “boat for boat”, in their individual classes. Furthermore, at the discretion of the Race Committee, Windseekers may be “horned on course” for finishing purposes, with no grounds for redress. This changes RRS 62.1(a)
- PROTEST AND PENALTIES
- The first two sentences of rule 44.1 are changed to: “A boat may take a One-Turn-Penalty when she may have broken a rule of Part 2 or Rule 31 while racing. However, when she may have broken a rule of Part 2 while in the Zone around a Mark, other than a starting Mark, her penalty shall be a Two-Turn-Penalty.”
- Arbitration: Please see the General Sailing Instructions Section 13.2 - ARBITRATION